Monday, April 7, 2008

Hungry Hungry Hippos and the Simple Joys that Follow

So, I am starving! I seem to have a strange insatiable hunger lately. Not sure if that is just because I have been eating too much and now my body needs more (bad news bears) or that my stomach actually is expanding, or what! But, kinda weird....so I just keep eating! ...

T.J. and I finally used up the last of our gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond from our wedding and bought ourselves an ice cream maker! Needless to say, tonight's FHE activity will include the making - and eating - of delicious homemade and very healthy ice cream! Can't WAIT! P.S. Whoever invented the "gift card" should seriously be given gold stars in heaven. What an excellent idea! We were reaping (is that how you spell that?) the benefits of those gift cards for ages, and we still have some to Target! You can get whatever you want or need with a swipe of plastic that takes nothing from your bank account. How fabulous! Thanks to all those kind people who, instead of buying us another set of casserole dishes, opted for the easy way out and got us a gift card!

Although I am pleased with my efforts at posting within a weeks time (thank you! thank you!) of my last post...I am still learning the ropes. You see, I still have some unanswered questions...For example, if Meghan writes me a comment and I want to respond to that comment, where do I write that? Do I write it on her last post...that seems weird? Do I reply within my own blog's comments? Or do I write it on here? Or should I email her? Phone her? What on earth is a girl to do? Anyone with insight, please impart. :) haha I am such a nerd.

Well the most wonderful thing about Conference is that Conference is a wonderful thing! It was such a great great great Conference! After every talk I turned to T.J., "That was a GREAT talk!" and it was. I loved every second and I can't wait for the Ensign to come out! We are so blessed to have a living prophet (what an incredible MAN of God! It is so fun to see that he is a man, with such a sense of humor and a life of goodness. He is just living the commandments of God and blessing lives every day of his life...it is such an inspiration!) and the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives! T.J. and I have been talking a lot about this lately. How truly we have so much. We are so blessed. We know that this life is short, it's temporary...and there is just no reason for us to be unhappy! Of course we will have trials and disapppointments and heartache. That is part of what makes us be able to feel true joy. But each day, in the simple things, each moment, we can decide to be happy - truly happy! - because we know who we are and we know where we are going. Isn't that just the awesomest thing ever?! So, with that being said, I am re-resolve to live life to it's fullest!

Post Script...I promise that I will bring my camera with me to campus so I can add some photos! We don't have internet at our house. :)

2 comments:

Shelise said...

Maybe your pregnant and thats why you're so hungry. lol. It would be exciting. If I someone asked me a question and I were going to answer them I would go to their blog and answer on the most recent post. Thats just me though. i guess thats what i expect people to do and so i dont even check their blog to see if they have answered my question.

Gretchen said...

Hey!! I didn't know you had a blog! How exciting! We have one too at gretchenpollard.blogspot.com I hope you are pregnant too, that would make me extremely happy. And I agree with Shelise...I always answer on the other person's most recent post so that I know that they know I responded...ya know? haha, have a great weekend!